Friday, January 11, 2008

Reader's Forum Friday!!!

Welcome to a new feature here at Kyle's B&B ... I was actually going to call this "Reader's Question of the Week", or something like that, but I thought that "Reader's Forum Friday" would open it up a bit more, and enable me to develop the concept as it goes along.

In any case, I thought it might be fun to use this one day a week to answer several random reader's questions, as I tend to get a lot of e-mails asking me all sorts of things about the strip. This way, y'all can learn a little something about the strip each Friday you may not know yet! (Or you can correct me if I'm wrong!).

Because this is the first week I'm doing this, I figured I'd use 2 questions from several regular readers: Griffin, (a frequent commenter on this blog), and Sean Sullivan, (who also happens to live nearby here on Long Island). Sean, never having a lack of questions for me about the strip, was glad to provide the following question:

"Is Dave still residing at the B&B, or has he moved in with Nick yet? And is Breyer still living in the apartment over Nick's Garage, or has he moved back to the B&B to be with Kyle? And what is the current official lineup of residents at the B&B?".

OK, that's actually three questions, Sean, but who's counting? Here's the answers:
1. Dave is still at the B&B, (although I'm sure he spends a fair amount of overnights at Nick's).
2. Breyer is still in the apartment at Nick's Garage, (although I know he spends a lot of overnights at the B&B, to be with Kyle. And, as we've seen recently, Kyle spends some overnights at Breyer's apartment, too, as when he came across Breyer's hidden CD collection).
3. The current lineup of full-time residents at the B&B is: Kyle, Brad, Lance, Richard, Eduardo, Matt, Dave, and Jeff. Which still leaves 2 rooms vacant for short-term guests and new arrivals. I do have to say, though... this current lineup, 8 guys, may actually be the all-time high for full-time residents at the B&B.

And here's Griffin's more succinct question:
"What is Eduardo studying in college?"
He hasn't declared a major as of yet. I think his progress in college is going slowly, as he's not attending full-time, and he's been working lots of hours at his job at the Thatched Cottage, (a local, real-life, very gay friendly catering hall that is known for hosting many glittering, high-profile Long Island gay-community events, as well as a bunch of gay commitment ceremonies). And then, he's also doing a fair amount of modeling for figure drawing classes, which I believe, at this point, has become more than just being a "fill in" for Jean-Pierre.

Well, there you have it! If you'd like to have a question featured in an upcoming week's Reader's Forum Friday, just e-mail me at kylesbnb@aol.com with your question. Please put Reader's Forum Friday in the subject line of your e-mail, and also let me know in the e-mail how you'd like to be credited on the website, (full name, partial name, pseudonym), and whether or not I can publish your hometown and/or country.

6 comments:

Bobby said...

Love the idea of this, and I have several questions to ask for future editions. However, not to nit-pick, but, shouldn't it be "Readers' Forum Friday"? Or "Readers Forum Friday"? The way you have it, ("Reader's Forum Friday"), refers to a singular reader.

Anonymous said...

I like it when you include details from Long Island. Are there gay B&Bs in Long Island proper or just in Fire Island? I would like to hear more about the community/town. What kind of people live there? What is their reaction, if any, to the B&B. Also, how is the couple who adopted a child doing?

This is a pretty cool idea. Sort of like the J K Rowling telling us what happened to the HP characters after the last book.

M.

teaspoon said...

hey i just thought i'd say that i love your strip and i love this idea of having like a question and answer place. i've been a dedicated reader for like, over a year so i just thought i'd say you're awesome and i love your strip!

Dinosaurus said...

I love that Kyle's has gotten a dog... As a B&B owner myself, a dog is a wonderful addition for the place... I find that many guests come back to see the dog more than me. I might question the advisability of a husky honestly... they can have quirky dispositions, and they have fur.. as in dander, and can be allergy problems for guests... the dog at my B&B is a toy poodle... small, unassuming and hypo-allergenic, he makes a wonderful addition to the property.

Dean Clark - B&B owner in Ashland OR and Kauai, HI

Anonymous said...

I was also thinking about allergies. But if that presents a problem, at least Kyle will be invested in finding a real home for the dog.

I also agree that a husky is not the best dog to have at a B&B. Not always the friendliest of dogs, lots of fur issues, high energy component,

Blogger said...

Did you know you can shorten your links with AdFly and make cash from every visit to your short urls.