Saturday, September 08, 2007

A Note About Notification!!!


Hmmm....how's that for confusing alliteration? Anyway, this is a quick message about the Kyle's B&B Notification List. At this point, there are almost 5,000 people on the list, (if you don't know what I'm talking about, this is a list that Kyle's B&B readers sign up for to be sent e-mail notifications every time a new episode of the comic strip is posted here at the website).

The problem is, over the past year or so, spam filters have become so intensive that I am getting back hundreds of "your e-mail did not go through" messages every time I send out a New Episode Notification e-mail to the list.

On top of that, I'm getting lots & lots of e-mails from readers asking me why I "dropped them" from the Notification List, as they are no longer receiving Notification e-mails. The answer? I didn't drop you! The reason why you're not getting e-mail notifications is that your e-mail provider is most likely interpreting the Kyle's B&B Notification e-mail as spam, and blocking it from ever getting through to you.

What's the solution? Ah, I'm so glad you asked! First of all, I went ahead and created a new Yahoo Group called Kyle's Notify List, for folks to join who want to be notified of new episodes. It seems that Yahoo is able to transcend a lot of the spam filters that are interfering with my own Notification e-mails. So, if you are having a problem receiving notification messages.... or, if you are new to the strip, and would like to be notified, I strongly suggest you join the Kyle's Notify List at Yahoo. The list is set up so that only the moderator, (that's me), can post messages. Therefore, you don' t have to worry about spam, unwanted e-mails from other group members, etc. There's no discussion, member comments, reader polls or anything like that. You will only be sent notification e-mails from me every 2 weeks, (along with the very occasional special message about the comic strip). And your e-mail address will be kept private from other group members, or anyone else, to see.

So, what are you waiting for? It's quick, it's easy, and it's free, (sounds like a certain B&B character...oh, let's not go there!). Just click here to join the list!

1 comment:

Robguy said...

I've switched to subscribing to your rss feed off blogger. It's very simple and I never have to worry about spam filters.